Skip to content

International Marriage

To marry in Korea the following procedure must be followed
One of the documents that is required at the local Korean authority is an Affidavit of eligibility for marriage certified by the Embassy. In order to obtain an Affidavit from the Embassy, Danish bride/ groom must submit a Danish document stating that you are single status in the Danish civil registry.

The document can be obtained from your municipality in Denmark or the 'Folkeregister' (your married status is stated on a so-called 'bopælsattest'). Furthermore, the applicant must be present at the Embassy with a valid passport.Cost of certification by the Embassy: KRW 39,000. Payment must be made by credit card onsite. 

To register the marriage in Denmark

Either the “Certificate of Receipt for Report for Marriage (혼인 신고 수리 증명서) or the Marriage Relationship Certificate (혼인 관계 증명서) has to be translated into English, notarized by the notary office for translation, and certified with an apostille stamp by the Ministy of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea. (Consular Service Division Tel: (02) 2100-7600).

Getting married in Denmark

For information about the documentation required of non-Danish nationals getting married in Denmark, the Embassy recommends contacting the municipality of residence or where the marriage is planned to take place. For couples residing outside Denmark planning to get married in Denmark, the Danish citizen should contact his or her municipality of last residence in Denmark for details.

Information on getting married in Copenhagen (in English) can be found on the municipality’s homepage here.

Bride and Groom holding hands


Embassy of Denmark
+82 2 6363 4800

Deputy Head of Mission
Dorte Bryde Mikkelsen
+82 2 6363 4802