Skip to content

Consular FAQ

  • Where do I need to go to record my biometric features after submitting the residence and work permit application via VFS Global in Seoul?
    After submitting your application via VFS Global in Seoul, your passport and the application will be sent to the Embassy of Norway in Beijing, China but in the last instance processed by the Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration (SIRI). Once SIRI has reached a decision in your case and granted you a permit to Denmark, you will receive a decision letter from VFS Global in Seoul. On the letter, you would be able to find how to record your biometric features in Denmark and to obtain residence card.



  • What do I need to rent/ drive in Korea?
    If you are residing (Stays more than 90 days) in Korea, you could have the Danish driving license exchanged for Korean driving license.
    Please visit the Korea Road Traffic Authority for more information.
    If your stay in Korea is below 90 days, you need to hold both your Danish driving license and your International Driving Permit to rent a car and drive in Korea. Danish representations could assist with the application for International Driving Permit but the processing time is approximately 4 – 5 weeks.